Corporate officials say that all entry forms that had been submitted to date for the 2012 Read to Ride initiative were also lost in the four-alarm fire.
Despite the loss of the forms, Christa Hagearty, president of Dependable Cleaners said she is committed to keeping the educational initiative moving forward, and has extended the reading deadline to August 20.
“Despite the loss of the store, this is also a teaching moment that allows us to demonstrate to children how to move forward during difficult times,” said Hagearty.
“We saw great momentum in the program this year and we want that to continue. We encourage everyone to resubmit their forms and continue to read throughout the summer,” she said.
Read to Ride is designed to encourage students to keep up the challenging momentum of school while fostering the love of reading and staying healthy during summer vacation.
Students ages 6-15 have the chance to win a bike or another exciting prize for every book they read.
The program started in 1999 and, to date, more than 59,000 books have been read.
- Children between the ages of 6 and 15 can participate in Read to Ride by reading books and filling out entry forms for each book they read.
- Completed entry forms can be dropped off at any of our 16 locations or with your Home Delivery Driver.
- Entry forms can be picked up at any Dependable Cleaners, Farina’s Bicycle Center, David's Bike Infirmary, local libraries and sports clubs, or with your Home Delivery Driver. To download an entry form from the web, click here.
- Participants receive one entry form for each book they read, the more books your child reads the more chances they have to win!
- Each entry form will be entered into a Drawing to win a brand new bike. Drawings will take place every Monday through August 20, 2012.
For a full list of contest rules, click here.
After a brief hiatus after the fire, the program has now resumed choosing one grand prize bike winner and runner-up award winners each week through August 20. The grand prize winner each week will receive a new bike and helmet, plus two additional winners will receive a gift card to a local sporting goods store or activity in Greater Boston.
Entry forms will be available at all Dependable Cleaners locations and delivery routes, Farina’s Bike Store in Watertown, David’s Bike Infirmary in Milton, local libraries, and online at DependableCleaners.com/Read-Ride.
Read to Ride 2012 is sponsored by Dependable Cleaners in conjunction with Farina’s Bicycle Center, Dave’s Bike Infirmary, Buttonwood Books, Newtonville Books, The Patriot Ledger and Patch.com.
For more information about the program including printable entry forms, and terms and conditions of the program, visit www.DependableCleaners.com/read-ride.
About Dependable Cleaners
For over 65 years, Dependable Cleaners, a three generation family-owned company, has been providing premium cleaning services throughout Greater Boston and Southern Massachusetts. Dependable Cleaners aims to maintain their legacy as Boston’s leading provider of superior garment care and exceptional customer service for over 65 years, while introducing the newest industry technologies and services to their customers. For more information, visit www.DependableCleaners.com
The above information was provided in a press release from Stacy Horowitz of Callanan and Klein Communications for Dependable Cleaners.