The following was submitted by Medfield Boys Varsity Basketball Coach Herb Grace. Want to see your sports stories and/or scores on Patch? Upload the info with this link and share it with our readers.
The Medfield Big Blue boy's basketball team had two big road wins last week.
On Wednesday, the team started the new year with an exciting 57-41 win over Medway.
- Remy Fragola lead the team with 17 points.
- Drew Shea chipped in with 10.
- Henry Stromland had a strong game scoring 8 points.
- John Pendergast played well leading the team with 9 rebounds.
On Friday, the team escaped with a 60-54 win over a much-improved Holliston team.
Down by 2 points at the end of the third quarter the Big Blue buckled down on defense and held the hot shooting panthers to just 5 points in the fourth quarter.
- John Zimmerman lead the team with 18 points and 14 rebounds.
- Remy Fragola had 13 points.
- Drew Shea chipped in with 11 points and 12 rebounds.
- Matt Cahill and Matt Pembroke had strong defensive games.
The team will try to keep its winning streak going this week with home games against Westwood and Bellingham. Six out of the first seven games have been