1. Forecast for Thursday: The National Weather Service based in Taunton calls says mostly sunny with a high near 87. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon. Thursday night: Partly cloudy, low around 60. Southwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
2. Town Hall Meetings:
- No meetings scheduled.
3. Library Events:
- Open today: 10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Rising 6th Grade Summer Reading Workshop, conference room.
4. Community Events:
- 2 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Medfield Farmers’ Market, First Parish UCC, 26 North Street.
- 6 p.m. to 11 p.m., Zullo Gallery Roof Deck, featuring the gallery grill. http://www.zullogallery.org
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Hinkley Swim Pond open 7 days a week, weather permitting. Open through Labor Day but no lifeguards on duty.
- ‘Thoughts Are Free’ Sculpture Path, 24/7 through October, along Route 109 between the Peak House (347 Main Street) and the old section of Vine Lake Cemetery (625 Main Street) by sculptor Hannah Verlin.
5. Fundraising Opportunities:
- “Olivia: Liv Strong” T-shirt Sale, to benefit Olivia Bonfiliohttp://medfield.patch.com/articles/the-bonfilio-family-says-medfield-is-amazing and family. Shirts are available by contacting Camille Vito through The Olivia Foundation Facebook page, e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling 781 475 7890
- Girls Lacrosse State Champions T-shirt Sale. 'Carolina Blue' colored shirts in sizes: Youth Small-Youth XL, Adult S-XXL, $15.00 each. Proceeds to benefit MHS Girls Lacrosse Equipment Fund. Order by email (email@example.com) or make check payable to Michael McQuillan and mail to him at 139 Harding Street.
- The Medfield Food Cupboard Donations Needed: Summer is a busy time at the food cupboard. The First Baptist Church of Medfield, First Parish Unitarian Universalist of Medfield, St. Edward's Parish Church, Church of the Advent and the United Church of Christ are taking collections to help the Medfield Food Cupboard. June’s most needed items include: Jelly (no grape), juice (bottles and boxes), cereal, pasta sauce, canned pears, and snacks, but will gladly accept other non-perishable items. Please drop off these items at your local church any Sunday.