1. Forecast for Thursday: The National Weather Service based in Taunton calls for a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 9 a.m. A weather advisory warns that the potential exists for strong thunderstorms with hail in eastern Massachusetts. High near 83. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph. Thursday night: Mostly clear. Low around 62. Southwest wind 3 to 6 mph.
- 8:30 a.m., Board of Assessors, Town House, Assessors’ Office. Agenda here.
- 6 p.m., Medfield Housing Authority, Tilden Village Community Room, Warrant Room. Agenda here.
- 7:30 p.m., Conservation Commission, Town House Chenery Room. Agenda here.
3. Library Events:
- Open today: 10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- 11:30 a.m. to noon, Lunch Bunch, Gazebo (or library activity room in case of rain).
4. Community Events:
- 10:30 a.m. to noon, Lemonade Stand, Beginning Years Child Development Center, 50 North St; to benefit Medfield Animal Shelter.
- 2 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Medfield Farmers’ Market, First Parish UCC, 26 North Street. Featured non-profit: Medfield Energy Committee.
- 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., MEMO Summer Concert Series, Town Gazebo. Featuring “Ceilidh” and hosted by Middlesex Savings Bank.
- 6 p.m. to 11 p.m., Zullo Gallery Roof Deck Open, featuring the gallery grill.
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Hinkley Swim Pond open 7 days a week, weather permitting. Last week with lifeguards.
- "Thoughts Are Free" Sculpture Path, 24/7 through October, along Route 109 between the Peak House (347 Main Street) and the old section of Vine Lake Cemetery (625 Main Street) by sculptor Hannah Verlin.
5. Fundraising Opportunities:
- “Olivia: Liv Strong” T-shirt Sale, to benefit and family. Shirts are available by contacting Camille Vito through The Olivia Foundation Facebook page, e-mailing email@example.com, or calling 781 475 7890
- T-shirt Sale. 'Carolina Blue' colored shirts in sizes: Youth Small-Youth XL, Adult S-XXL, $15.00 each. Proceeds to benefit MHS Girls Lacrosse Equipment Fund. Order by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or make check payable to Michael McQuillan and mail to him at 139 Harding Street.
- The Medfield Food Cupboard Donations Needed: Summer is a busy time at the food cupboard. The , , , and the are taking collections to help the Medfield Food Cupboard. June’s most needed items include: Jelly (no grape), juice (bottles and boxes), cereal, pasta sauce, canned pears, and snacks, but will gladly accept other non-perishable items. Please drop off these items at your local church any Sunday.