The following was submitted by Coach Sara Callahan. Want to see your sports stories and/or scores on Patch? Upload the info with this link and share it with our readers.
On Monday night, the Medfield High School Swimming and Diving team swam against Wayland and Natick at the Wayland Community Pool. The team performed well against a strong Wayland team, but was not able to win the meet. However, the Medfield boys did beat the Natick boys team with a final score of 99-86.
Senior Connor Haley won the 200 and 500 freestyle with times of 1:49.64 and 4:51.82 respectively. Both are best times for the season and qualify him for the Sectional and State meets.
- Junior Alec Haley won the 200 Individual Medley in 2:09.35
- Senior Jenn Alban won the 100 butterfly in 1:01.43
- Alec Haley also won the 100 freestyle in 52.83. Sophomore Haley Dolan also won the 100 free on the girls side with a 1:01.59
- Freshman Olivia Tom won the 100 backstroke in 1:07.01
- Dolan also won the 100 breaststroke in 1:22.07
Medfield won both the girls and boys 400 freestyle relays.
The team of Sophomore Natascha Borgstein, Senior Katie Nickerson, Freshman Meredith Bertoni, and Alban won for the girls in a 4:07.07. This time qualifies the girls for the Sectional and State meets. The boys won in 3:38.03; the team was made up of Alec Haley, Freshman Andrew Maritan, Senior Alex Carpino, and Senior Connor Haley.
Overall, the team did well against such strong competitors. It was good to see how well they performed when challanged. The team faces Holliston tonight.