Since May 28, 1987, outstanding alumni athletes have been annually inducted into the Athletics “Wall of Fame.”
Charles F. Mains was the first inductee. He coached football, basketball and baseball from 1949 – 1956; he was also the principal of Medfield High School from 1956–1970.
Each inductee since has had their name added to the Athletic Wall of Fame. The “Wall” hangs in Medfield High School, just outside the library doors. Written just above the names of those inducted is the following, “The spirit, the will to win and to excel – these are the things that endure.”
This year, there will be three more names added to the Athletic Wall of Fame. They are Jeff Cutter (Class of 2005), his older brother, Brandon Cutter (Class of 1994) and Jill Anelauskas (Class of 2005). These three former Medfield High School athletes will be inducted on May 29 at the Athletics Award Night.
All three of these former athletes were multi-sport captains, and have an impressive list of accomplishments. Meet the inductees:
Jeff Cutter - MHS Class of 2005
- Four-year varsity golf player; senior captain; 2003 & 2004 team state champion
- 2004 Globe All-Scholastic Hockey; four-year varsity hockey player; senior captain; 2002 Tri-Valley League Champions; four-year All-TVL All-Star; century club 100 career points.
- Three-year varsity tennis player; one-year TVL All-Star
- Bowdoin College Class of 2009
- Four-year varsity college player; three-year NESCAC All Conference Team
- Four-year varsity college hockey player
Brandon Cutter - MHS Class of 1994
- Four-year soccer; senior captain; TVL All Star; single season scoring record – 20 goals in 20 games
- Four-year varsity tennis player; captain 1993 and 1994; TVL Champions 1992; TVL MVP – 1992, 1993, 1994; undefeated in singles competition sophomore to senior year
- Attended Gettysburg College; four-year tennis player; captain 1997 and 1998; undefeated in 1998 in both singles and doubles; Conference Player of the Year 1998.
Jill Anelauskas - MHS Class of 2005
- Scholar Athlete 2005
- Four-year soccer player; senior captain; team MVP 2004
- Four-year basketball player; captain in 2004, 2005; four-year first team TVL All Star; TVL MVP in 2004, 2005; TVL Scoring Champ in 2003, 2004, 2005; TVL Champions 2004; Medfield High School All-Time Leading Scorer with 1,604 points; Boston Globe Super Team 2005; Boston Herald All-scholastic Team 2005
- Three-year varsity softball player; TVL All Star in 2005
- Attended Bowdoin College; four-year basketball player; captain in 2008, 2009; scored 1,010 career points; NESCAC All-Conference Team 2007, 2008; New England Basketball Association Rookie of the Year 2006
“It is an honor to be recognized," said Anelaukas when asked for her reaction to being inducted. "I am proud to have been part of such a great public school system, which excels in both athletics and academics.”