The depth of the boys' and girls' cross country teams were on display Monday as both Warriors' squads defeated Dover-Sherborn and improved to 2-0 this season.
The Medfield girls' cross country team edged Dover-Sherborn by one-point, 29-30, gaining key points from runners finishing in throughout the top 10.
"A real nail biter in Medfield," said Medfield coach Diane Lyon. "The girls' placed seven out of 10 runners in the Top 10. Leading runner for Medfield was Taylor Worthy, finishing third, with a time of 19:56.
"Another talented group of girls," Lyon said.
Top 10 Results (Girls):
- Lee Milne, D-S, 19:10
- Olivia Cannon, D-S, 19:56
- Taylor Worthy, Medfield, 20:27
- Julia Pearson, D-S, 20:30
- Ashley Campisano, Medfield, 20:37
- Sally Todd, Medfield, 21:29
- Kely Gair, Medfield, 22:10
- Ashley Bryant, Medfield, 22:11
- Claudia Tishler, Medfield, 22:19
- Abby McQuillan, Medfield, 22:26
The Medfield boys' cross country team dominated the Raiders, 15-45 and placed eight runners in the top 10.
"Another strong performance by the boys' team," said Medfield head coach Tom Woods. "The heat was a challenge and was certainly an obstacle we did not have to face the first meet."
Medfield sophomore Ian Robertson, running in just his second meet of his career, placed first for the second straight meet with a time of 16:10. Medfield's Jack Moses finished second to Robertson for the second straight meet, finishing at 16:39 on Monday.
"Ian Robertson proved he is comfortable with our course [at McCarthy Park off Hospital Road], shaving eight seconds off his first performance and really opening up his lead on the final mile," said Woods. "Taking one to six again this meet speaks to our depth as a team. I have been very encouraged the way the upperclassmen have taken the younger and new teammates under their wings to pace them through the course, talk race strategy and preparation, and really just be what previous upperclassmen had been to them."
Top 10 Results (Boys):
- Ian Robertson, Medfield, 16:10
- Jack Moses, Medfield, 16:39
- Sean Robertson, Medfield, 17:35
- Greg Lyons, Medfield 17:51
- Evan Berry, Medfield, 17:55
- Connor Heaney, Medfield, 18:06
- Teddy Mosher, Dover-Sherborn, 18:07
- Ben Brea, Dover-Sherborn, 18:16
- Andrew Monahan, Medfield, 18:21
- Jake Phelan, Medfield, 16:48
"It is a terrific blend of talent, experience, enthusiasm and eagerness to learn and improve," said Woods. "We will have our first away meet this Thursday in Norton.
Both the girls' and boys' cross country teams will face the Lancers in Norton on Thursday at 3:30 p.m.