The following was submitted by Medfield Boys Basketball Head Coach Herb Grace. Want to see your sports stories and/or scores on Patch? Click here to find out how.
The Medfield High School's Boys' Varsity Big Blue Basketball team had two huge wins last week.
Tuesday -- Medfield vs. Norton
On Tuesday, the team defeated Norton by a score of 60-59.
- Drew Shea led the team with 23 points
- Remy Fragola had 17 points
- John Zimmerman had 7 points and led the team with 12 rebounds
- Co-Captain Matt Pembroke, while battling the flu, had a courageous effort in the game.
Friday -- Medfield vs. Hopkinton
On Friday, the team took on first-place Hopkinton and earned a hard fought win with a final score of 61-48.
- John Zimmerman led the team with 22 points and 12 rebounds
- Drew Shea had 17 points and 11 huge blocked shots
- Matt Pembroke chipped in with 12 points
- Remy Fragola had 9 points
With the win against Norton, the Big Blue qualified for the State Tournament. Both Norton and Hopkinton beat the Big Blue the first time around the schedule but not this time.
The team gets ready for two more big games this week -- Tuesday at Dover-Sherborn and Friday at home against Medway.