The Board of Selectmen will meet tonight at 7 p.m. at the Town House among the agenda items are next year's budget and a discussion with developer Robert Borrelli about further development on Ice House Road.
In -- a 120,000 square foot building that could host soccer, lacrosse and basketball activities and would include locker rooms, showers, and rest rooms -- on a 2.8 acre site owned by the town and leased to the Kingsbury Club Medfield, Inc. plus another portion of land -- about 11.2 acres -- not then leased to anyone.
At the time, Borrelli estimated construction costs between $5 million to $6 million.
Also at that time, the town's Park and Recreation Department said the project could possibly upset future programming and events the department might have in the future thanks to the magnitude of the proposed project.
The selectmen's full agenda includes:
- FY2014 Budget review, Inspection Department
- Grist Mill Study Committee requests selectmen vote to appoint a new member (George Dealy)
- Norfolk County Mosquito Control District requests Medfield's support for their proposed FY14 budget
- Request from Paul Kenney, attorney representing Robert Borrelli, regarding potential lease of parcel three on Ice House Road
- Town Moderator Scott McDermott announces appointment of new members to the Warrant Committee: Nikolaos Athanasiadis, Martha Festa, Michael Marcucci, and Thomas Marie
- St. Edward's requests a one-day liquor license for Jan. 26
- Council on Aging requests two one-day liquor licenses for Feb. 16 (Valentine's Dance and fifth birthday celebration of The Center at Medfield) and March 16 (annual corned beef and cabbage dinner).
- Memorial and Wheelock School CSA requests permission to post signs advertising the annual Winter Carnival on March 16.