The Board of Selectmen met on Tuesday to discuss the Blizzard of 2013, the closing of Lord's Department Store, and the following agenda items:
- Met with department heads regarding the budgets for the fire and police departments -- each asking for slight increases for FY14
- Declared a Snow Emergency regarding the Blizzard of 2013
- Added a "Veterans Volunteer Tax Work Off" abatement program to the spring town meeting warrant
- Appointed John Day to the Economic Development Committee
- Scheduled a special selectmen's meeting on Feb. 26 to meet with the Permanent Building Committee to discuss the proposed new town garage, possible improvements to the police/fire station, and the future of the Dale Street area
- Accepted the minutes of Dec. 18, 2012 and Jan. 15 and Feb. 5, 2013.
- Appointed Mark Fisher to the town's collective bargaining unit to replace Ann Thompson who will retire in March after 30 years on the board.
- Granted licenses and permits for:
- First Parish Unitarian Universalist Church, one day wine and malt beverage permit for a fundraising dinner, March 9
- Hannah Adams Women's Club, one day wine and malt beverage permit, March 5
- United Church of Christ, one day wine and malt beverage permit, all church picnic next to Meeting House Pond, May 19
- Zullo Gallery, one day wine and malt beverage permit, March 2 and 9; May 2 and 18; June 6
To watch the meeting on Medfield TV, click here.