Neely’s BBQ sauce takes five minutes to prepare and 1.25 hours to simmer but could be just the thing to send out your summer barbeques with a bang (or tang).
The recipe makes 3.5 cups and is courtesy of the Food Network and the Neelys.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, for 1 hour 15 minutes.
Click here for a helpful video.
If you make this recipe, circle back and let us (in the comment section below) how you liked it.