Enjoy this recipe from our friends at Walpole Patch.
Every BBQ and potluck growing up my mom would make this great Strawberry Salad. Spinach, strawberries, jicama and a light, fresh dressing come together to make this fresh salad perfect for any day when the sun is shining.
Have fun sharing this easy salad recipe with everyone. With a slight sweetness to the dressing and delicious seasonal ingredients that provide flavor with a crunch, this salad will please all audiences.
½ - ⅓ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup cider vinegar
⅓ cup sugar
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
1 Tbsp poppy seeds
2 scallions chopped
¼ tsp Worcestershire sauce
¼ tsp paprika
Optional: splash of balsamic vinegar
2 bunches spinach (washed) or 1 large bag spinach leaves
4 cups Strawberries
1 cup Jicama
1 Large Salad Bowl
1. Mix and blend all dressing ingredients. Set aside.
2. Hull and slice strawberries into pieces, straws, or slices.
3. Wash, peel, and Julianne cut Jicama.
4. Place spinach, strawberries, and Jicama in a large salad bowl.
5. Add dressing to bowl and toss until mixed well.