Here are a few helpful hints from Medfield Police Chief Robert Meaney Jr. to have a safe Halloween.
- Wear light or reflective clothing.
- Make sure that any face masks do not obstruct vision.
- Costumes should not be so long that they are a tripping hazard.
- Use reflective tape on bags and costumes to enhance visibility
- Disposable glow sticks and flashlights are very good for being seen.
- Children need to wait for adults before crossing roadways.
- Adults need to remind children to wait for them and not simply run across the street to meet friends.
- Avoid going out alone, be part of a group with a trusted adult.
- Any treats should be examined by an adult before being eaten.