UPDATED 4/18/13 at 5 p.m.
All Medfield Marathon runners are safe! Such great news...
Karen Schneider has been confirmed safe which means that all of Medfield's 27 marathon runners are safe; you will find many of their stories outlined below.
Schneider, 34, finished the Boston Marathon on Monday around 2:16 p.m. but Patch had not been able to connect with her or anyone who knew her.
This afternoon, that changed when an acquaintance confirmed Schneider was, in fact, okay. We were also told that Schneider and her family are new to Medfield and unfamiliar with Patch.
UPDATED 4/18/13 at 12:01 a.m.
Erika Konover recalls the chaos of being rerouted at Kenmore Square and trying to find her family and friends. Read her full story here.
Blake Middle School Teachers Kelly Dengos, Marjorie Heim, and Erin Kearney ran the marathon and are safe. Click here for the full story.
Karen Schneider, 34, has still not been accounted for by Patch. Do you know her or her family? Are you friends with her on Facebook? Any updates would be appreciated.
**Receive updates to this story and other breaking news in your inbox or smartphone by signing up for our newsletter here.**
UPDATED 4/17/13 at 12:01 a.m.
As of midnight last night, all Medfield Marathon runners were accounted for except
- Karen Schneider, 34, Still Unknown
Erika Konover: Safe. Contacted Patch just before midnight to say she was okay. Check back later today for her full story. The bombs exploded at 2:50 p.m. Konover was at the 40k mile marker at 3:12 p.m.
Michael Bolduc: Safe. Bolduc (and his wife who ran part-way with him) was a half mile away from the finish line when the bombs exploded; he did not finish the race. His children (ages 4 and 6) and parents were just 40 feet from the blast. They are all safe. See his full story HERE]
William Dron: Safe. He said he typically runs a 4:0 hour marathon but didn't run this year because he wasn't properly trained. [Click HERE for the full story]
Laura Hill Einbinder: Safe. Was within blocks of the finish line when the bombs went off and she was detoured and not able to finish. [Read her full story HERE]
Lisa Perna: Safe. Had just crossed the finish line and was having her photo taken when the explosion went off.
Ella Pittman: Safe. Friends report she crossed the finish line just as the first bomb went off. She turned around to look and saw the second bomb go off. She is safe but pretty shaken. This was her first marathon and she met her goal of beating 4 hours, at 3:59.
Caroline "Cal" Scannell: Safe. Was seen by friends on NBC news, she was visibly shaken but okay.
Beth Scannell: Safe. She was near the finish line at 2:44 p.m.
Krista Suojane: Safe. Did not run the marathon due to recent knee surgery. Friends report she would have been crossing the finish line around that time.
Complete List of Medfield Marathon Runners
- Nancy Ballard, 58, Confirmed SAFE
- Jeanette Barone, 19, Confirmed SAFE
- Michael Bolduc, 33, Confirmed SAFE
- Lindsay Brayton, 24, Confirmed SAFe [read his story here]
- Rose Colleran, 42, Confirmed SAFE
- William Dron, 48, Confirmed SAFE [read his story here]
- Laura Hill Einbinder, 47, Confirmed SAFE [read her story here]
- Patricia Ferrier, 46, Confirmed SAFE
- John Frasca, 54, Confirmed SAFE
- Benjamin Garfield, 44, Confirmed SAFE
- Erin Garfield, 45, Confirmed SAFE
- Erika Konover, 33, Confirmed SAFE
- Irina Lodkin, 39, Confirmed SAFE
- Heidi Lusby, 42, Confirmed SAFE
- Kevin McCarthy, 43, Confirmed SAFE
- James McCloud, 29, Confirmed SAFE
- Sarah Nixon, 48, Confirmed SAFE
- Daniel O'Connell, 25, Confirmed SAFE
- Lisa Perna, 51, Confirmed SAFE
- Ella Pittman, 20, Confirmed SAFE
- Bridget Sarris, 49, Confirmed SAFE
- Caroline Scannell, 20, Confirmed SAFE
- Elizabeth Scannell, 49, Confirmed SAFE
- Karen Schneider, 34, Confirmed SAFE
- Henry Schulman, 53, Confirmed SAFE
- Krista Suojanen, 28, Confirmed SAFE
- David Zinsner, 44, Confirmed SAFE