A number of local businesses are saluting veterans, military service men and women, and their families this Veterans Day by offering local discounts, specials and promotions. Veterans Day is this Sunday, Nov. 11, though it is observed as a federal holiday on Monday, Nov. 12. Here's a guide to specials in the area.
Two important notes:
- Most companies require some form of military ID. These include: a Military ID Card (active/reserve/retired), Current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES), Drivers License with Veterans Designation, a photograph in uniform, you in uniform (if your service permits), Veterans Organization Card (e.g., American Legion and VFW), DD214, discharge paperwork, or other form of identification. Other restaurants and companies may go by the honor system.
- Always call ahead to verify locations, times, and participation. Many of the listed companies are franchises and may have different policies. We will do our best to keep this page updated as we find new info.
- Bugaboo Creek Steak House is giving veterans and active duty military a free meal consisting of a cheeseburger, fries, a slice of Moose Tracks Mud Pie and a fountain drink on Nov. 11 and 12.
- Friendly's—free breakfast, Monday, Nov. 12: All active military and veterans that present military ID or honorable discharge card will receive a free Big Two Do Breakfast and coffee during breakfast hours only. Applicable on dine-in only until 11 a.m.
- Denny’s—free pancakes, Monday, Nov. 12: Free all-you-can-eat pancakes from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 12 for all active, retirees, and veterans with a valid military ID or proof of military service. Offer available in every Denny’s nationwide.
- Texas Roadhouse—free lunch, Monday, Nov. 12: Every Texas Roadhouse location across the country will participate in the free lunch event to honor the men and women of our armed forces. Choose from one of 10 free meals, plus sides and a drink. Offer good for All veterans – including all active, retired or former U.S. military. ID Required.
- T.G.I. Friday’s—free lunch, Monday, Nov. 12: Valid for all US Military personnel and veterans. Must wear uniform (if permitted by your service) or present military ID or other proof of service. Only valid at participating locations for anyone with an old or current military ID.
- Old Navy: Every Monday, including Nov. 12, active and veteran military personnel with ID cards are granted 10 percent off their purchases.
- Build-A-Bear Workshop: To celebrate Veterans Day, the store is offering 20 percent off a purchase when guests present a valid military ID.
- All national parks, forests and monuments offer free admission to all on Veterans Day including
- Dead of Night Tours, discount
Other cool deals featured on www.massvacation.com:
- Prudential Center’s California Pizza Kitchen and Boston Duck Tours, free meal and duck tour