It's late afternoon and temperatures are approaching the high-80s for the day. It may be hot, but here are some ways you can cool off today.
1. Grab a cone. What better way to beat the heat then with some ice cream. Stop by Friendly's on Main Street in town or head down Route 109 into Westwood for a visit to .
2. Take a dip. If you have a pool, or a friend who has one, there's no better a time to spend the whole day soaking in the water. Let those fingers and toes get prune-y! If you don't have a pool, consider a trip to one of Medfield's swimming spots, like Hinkley Pond.
3. Stay in. Today's heat can be dangerous. The National Weather Service advices to stay inside as much as possible and keep hydrated. The NWS says heat is the number one cause of weather related deaths each year. It may be best to find a board game or read a book inside. You can always go for a walk or BBQ when temperatures cool down later this evening.
4. Catch a flick. It's not the worst idea to spend a day at the movies, inside a theater with central air. Stop by in Foxborough or other nearby theaters.
5. Go to the Library. Head over to the and grab a favorite book or one you've been dying to read and camp out for a few hours in the air conditioning, catching up with your favorite fictional characters.