Today is Veterans Day, a federal holiday honoring all our military veterans in the United States.
Below is a list of what is closed on this holiday:
- All Schools
- Some Banks
- Municipal and state offices
- Federal offices
- Senior Center
Veterans Day Forcast: According to the National Weather Service, based in Taunton, calls for cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 51. Breezy, with a west wind between 10 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 33. West wind between 7 and 14 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Join the American Legion Auxiliary as they light up at 5 p.m. with a display of candle lit luminary bags purchased during their fundraising event along with a veterans day ceremony.
- The United Church of Christ will hold a free support group at 7 p.m. to provide healing and hope for adults who are divorced or separated.
Medfield Warriors' Friday:
- Th Medfield High School girls' soccer team travels to Bridgewater-Raynham High School to take on Canton in the MIAA Division 2 South Sectional semifinals at noon.
- The Medfield High School football team travels to Millis for a 7 p.m. game. Be sure to log on to Medfield Patch to follow the action in real time with Patch's Friday Night LIVE blog!
- The Kingsbury Club would like to thank all veterans. There will be free lunch to all veterans Friday, Nov. 11 from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Provide the club with DD214 or valid military ID. Happy Veterans Day.
Veterans Day Quote:
"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." – Elmer Davis
About this column: A roundup of events, deadlines and other items related to Medfield today.