Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today's Forecast: Thursday's weather, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for sunny, with a high near 61. Northwest wind between 5 and 13 mph. Thursday Night: Patchy frost after 4 a.m. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 34. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Pattycake Place Story Time at will be held at 10:45 a.m. Children, ages 0-23 months old are invited to participate in the interactive storytime with their caregivers. Also at the library Thursday, will be the Book Bunch Storytime, beginning at 11:30 a.m. for preschoolers, ages 2 and 3.
- The Medfield Farmers’ Market will be held on the grounds of the on North Street from 2 to 5:30 p.m.
- The Medfield High School boys’ golf team hosts Westwood in Canton for a 3 p.m. match between the top two teams in the Tri-Valley League.
- The Medfield field hockey team hosts Holliston at 3:30 p.m. on the MHS turf.
- The Medfield girls’ volleyball team hosts Notre Dame for a 6:30 p.m. match in the MHS gym.
- The Medfield football team hosts Westwood on the MHS turf at 7 p.m.
Medfield Conservation Commission Meeting: The Medfield Conservation Commission will meet tonight on the second floor of Town Hall at 7:30 p.m. The commission is expected to review the Notice of Intent from Michael and Karen Vazquez for the construction of a sports court, retaining wall and associated gradin within the 100-foot buffer zone of a bordering vegetated wetlands of a single-family house lot at 104 Main St., Assessor map 60, parcel 42 on land owned by them. There will also be an annual report presented regarding the Thunder Hill 4H project. The group will provide an annual report regarding past and upcoming 4H events.
Boston Bruins Raise Banner, Drop Puck Tonight: After a summer of celebrating its first Stanley Cup championship in 39 years, the Boston Bruins take the ice at TD Garden Thursday night to open the 2011-12 season against the Philadelphia Flyers. Pre-game festivities include raising the 2010-11 Stanley Cup banner to the rafters. Puck drops at 7 p.m.
Get Medfield Patch headlines in your Newsfeed on Facebook, search Medfield Patch and click "Like" or follow us on Twitter @MedfieldPatch.