Happy New Year's Eve! Here are five things you need to know as you start your celebration to bring in 2013.
1. Clouds: The sky will be mostly cloudy on Monday, with no precipitation forecasted, and high temperatures into the mid-30s. The wind will also continue to blow.
2. New Year’s Eve Fireworks: Start your New Year's celebration with a fireworks display at 7 p.m. sharp at the Westwood High School, or, as always, you can head to the country's oldest and biggest First Night celebration -- First Night Boston.
3. Chinese Food: For some New Englanders, eating Chinese food is a tradition on New Year’s Eve. At some restaurants, the orders stack up so get your order in early. Your choices in and around Medfield include:
- Lilac House, Millis
4. Looking for a family-friendly way to spend the eveving? Check out our New Year's Eve Party Ideas for Kids and Families.
5. Free Coffee: If you’re planning a trip on any of the major interstate highways in Massachusetts on Monday night, be aware that you can grab a free cup of coffee along the way at any of the 18 traffic plazas in the state. The offer runs from 10 p.m. on Monday through and 5 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 1. The free coffee is sponsored by McDonalds, Burger King and Gulf.
Did we miss something? Is there something else we should add to the list? If so, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.
Want to get Medfield Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.