Medfield is one of the least affordable real estate markets in the state, according to a new real estate report released Wednesday.
Real Estate LLC's Home Listing Report ranked Medfield as the 81st affordable of 88 Massachusetts real estate markets.
The study surveyed the average home listing price of four-bedroom, two-bathroom properties on coldwellbanker.com that were listed between September 2010 and March 2011 from more than 2,300 North American markets, according to a press release. Markets included in the U.S. report had to have at least 10 properties fitting the criteria during that time.
Medfield's average listing price was $764,550, the report said. Neighboring Walpole ranked 58th, at $585,982.
Springfield was the most affordable, with an average listing price of $133,404. Weston was 88th, last, with an average listing price of $1,228,100.
"Compared to the national average of $293,251, the average four-bedroom, two-bathroom home in Massachusetts overall was $528,557," the press release said.
Among Medfield's neighbors:
- Norwood was 32nd, at $435,660.
- Franklin was 46th, at $510,154.
- Wrentham was 50th, at $535,883.
- Sharon, ranks 57th, $585,978.
- Stoughton was 24th, at $395,675.
- Canton was 68th, at $649,750.
- Attleboro was the most affordable among markets in the region: 14th overall, with an average listing price of $356,597, the report said.
- North Attleboro was 34th, at $445,891.