A chef from Medfield was recently welcomed to prepare a special meal at the James Beard House in New York.
While there, Pelley and his team prepared a five-course spring seafood and white wine celebration menu, which featured seasonal dishes paired with wine selections from Beverage Director Phil Marshall.
The James Beard House is located in New York City's Greenwich Village. With the invitation to cook there, Pelley joins the ranks of other famous chefs featured at the venue, including Daniel Boulud, Emeril Lagasse and Charlie Trotter.
Pelley, though, was one of the first chefs to have his dinner broadcast through the JBF Kitchen Cam, a live-stream video that reveals the sights and sounds of the Beard House kitchen. A camera stream from Pelley's event can be viewed through the attached player or can be viewed here.
Below is a sample of the menu that was served at the event.
- Applewood Smoked Bluefish Pâté, spring onion, pickled ramp, potato chip
- Sea Trout Gravlax, dill crème fraîche, pickled shallot, golden raisin brown bread
- Cold Smoked Lobster, tarragon cream, Szechaun peppercorn, kumquat marmalade, beet chip
- New England Oyster, apple vinegar ice, shaved monkfish liver torchon, sea bean
- Barbadillo, Fino Sherry (Andalucia, SP)
- Torched Diver Scallop Crudo,
- citrus, breakfast radish, chili, umeboshi, first cold press olive oil
- 2012 Cristom, Viognier, “Eola-Amity Hills” (Willamette Valley, OR)
- Grilled Atlantic Swordfish Belly,
- charred spring onion, duckfat kabayaki, raw Hakuri turnip, pickled cilantro root, herbs & seeds
- 2011 Gilbert Picq, Chablis 1er Cru “Vosgros” (Chablis, FR)
- Squid Ink Tagliatelle,
- Bar Harbor mussels, fava beans, dehydrated prosciutto, uni butter, lemon, Aleppo pepper
- 2011 Bastianich, Chardonnay/Sauvignon Blanc/Picolit, “Vespa Bianco” (Venezia-Giulia, IT)
- Pan Seared Atlantic Pollack,
- spring-dug parsnip purée, NH blue oyster mushroom, English peas, asparagus, pickled fiddleheads
- ramp salsa verde
- 2007 Trimbach, Riesling, “Cuvée Frédéric Emile” (Alsace, FR)
- Lime Semifreddo,
- warm rhubarb consomme, domain de canton granite, candied rhubarb
- NV Broadbent, Vinho Verde (Vinho Verde, PT)