Details continue to be finalized for the Lord's Celebration set for Feb. 15.
The open house event will have a final "Midnight Madness" feel to it (but no merchandise will be for sale) and the hours will be from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Scheduled events (so far) for the party include:
- 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. -- photos at Lord's lunch counter, and music by community groups, Midnight Madness mingling
- 7:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. -- words of celebration and appreciation from community members
- 8 p.m. -- Ginger ale toast for everyone
- 8 p.m. to 9:30 -- More music by community groups as public continues to enjoy food (including half donuts), cake, etc.
There will be a History of Lord's memorabilia display that depicts Lord's throughout the years. There will also be a place for people to make an audio recording of their favorite Lord's memory.
at the front of Lord's Department Store where patrons can write down their memories of the store. People are invited to add to the book during the celebration or they can bring their memory with them (on a 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper) to be inserted into the book.
The audio recordings and a copy of the memory book will be preserved by the Medfield Historical Society.
Though the event is Friday, Feb. 15, the start of February school vacation, organizers hope people will at least be able to drop into the event for a short time.
If people cannot attend the event but have a memory they would like to send along, it can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here. Read on...
- Lord's Celebration Set for Feb. 15
- The Planning Has Begun - Celebrating Lord's