And so it begins...
The retirement sale at Lord's Department Store starts today.
After 73 years in downtown Medfield, Lord's will close its doors on Feb. 28.
"We're going to start a store closing or retirement sale and just start to liquidate everything in the store, the fixtures and everything," said Nancy Kelly-Lavin who runs the store with her brother Tom Kelly.
Store hours have been cut back to 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Also this week, patrons can pre-order t-shirts which are being sold to commemorate the store's longevity; and they can write down a special Lord's memory in the memory book/book at the front of the store.
- Lord's Department Store to Close After 73 Years
- End of An Era: Lord's Will Close Next Month
- Uniquely Medfield: Goodbye to a Landmark and a Piece of Medfield
- Lord's Souvenier T-Shirts to Benefit Bill Kelly Scholarship Fund
- Dear Lords: Thanks for the Memories
- And more...
Stay up to date with great local stories like this, delivered straight to your inbox or smartphone everyday via our free newsletter. It's fast and simple, just sign-up here.