On Sunday, June 24, from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., the at 345 East Main Street will open for the season with special recognition of the War of 1812 (on its 200th anniversary) namely a sailor’s sword used during the war aboard the U.S.S. Constitution, also known as "Old Ironsides."
The sword has been in the possession of the Medfield Historical Society for more than 100 years, and will be on display on Sunday.
The history of the U.S.S. Constitution with the general public who are invited to this event where Historical Society curators will be present and will give tours through Medfield's most famous building.
The Peak House will be open every Sunday through mid-September, and each week will feature a special additional exhibit displayed on the lawn of the Peak House.