Traffic Advisory: Expect delays today as the DPW finishes paving Brook, Granite, Adams, Dale and West Streets.
1. Forecast for Monday: The National Weather Service based in Taunton calls for a partly sunny day with a high 84. Light southwest wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Monday night: Chance of showers, mostly cloudy, with a low of 68. South wind around 9 mph.
2. Government Meetings:
- 7 p.m., Bay Colony Rail Trail Committee, Town Hall Warrant Room; agenda here.
- 7:30 p.m., Board of Appeals on Zoning, Town Hall Chenery Room; agenda includes continued 40B hearing on The Parc at Medfield. Full agenda here.
- 7:30 p.m., School Committee, High School TV Production Classroom; agenda includes introduction of Eric Scott, new athletic director. Full agenda here.
3. Library Events:
• Open today: 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• No special events scheduled.
4. Community Events:
• 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., Forever Home New England Rescue Open House, 106 Adams Street. http://medfield.patch.com/events/open-house-adoption-event
• 7 p.m., Hannah Adams Woman’s Club Duplicate Bridge, The Center, One Ice House Rd; public welcome. For more info, call 508-359-2063
5. Other Interesting Things:
• 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Hinkley Swim Pond open 7 days a week, weather permitting. Open through Labor Day but no lifeguards.
• “Thoughts Are Free” Sculpture Path, 24/7 through October, along Route 109 between the Peak House (347 Main Street) and the old section of Vine Lake Cemetery (625 Main Street) by sculptor Hannah Verlin.
• The Medfield Food Cupboard Donations Needed. Summer is a busy time at the food cupboard. The First Baptist Church of Medfield, First Parish Unitarian Universalist of Medfield, St. Edward's Parish Church, Church of the Advent and the United Church of Christ are taking collections to help the Medfield Food Cupboard. June’s most needed items include: Jelly (no grape), juice (bottles and boxes), cereal, pasta sauce, canned pears, and snacks, but will gladly accept other non-perishable items. Please drop off these items at your local church any Sunday.