Forecast for Saturday: The National Weather Service based in Taunton calls for a 40% chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 82. North wind between 5 and 8 mph. Saturday Night: 40% chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 59. North wind between 3 and 6 mph.
Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 83. West wind between 5 and 7 mph. Sunday Night: 40% chance of showers, with thunderstorms possible. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. Southwest wind between 5 and 7 mph.
- Ongoing, Summer Reading Program: Read what you want, it all counts; prizes for registered readers.
- 11 a.m. to noon, Read with Maggie the Dog
- 11 a.m. to noon, Mother/Daughter Book Club
- Sunday: Library Closed
- : 60 Bridge Street, 6 Bartlett Avenue, and more.
- T-shirt Sale. 'Carolina Blue' colored shirts in sizes: Youth Small-Youth XL, Adult S-XXL, $15.00 each. Proceeds to benefit MHS Girls Lacrosse Equipment Fund. Order by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or make check payable to Michael McQuillan and mail to him at 139 Harding Street.
- Opens, Sunday 2-5 p.m., commemorating War of 1812 with period sword and history of the U.S.S. Constitution.
- ‘Thoughts Are Free’ Sculpture Path, 24/7 through October, along Route 109 between the Peak House (347 Main Street) and the old section of Vine Lake Cemetery (625 Main Street) by sculptor Hannah Verlin.
More Next Door:
- More events in neighboring towns.