Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today's Forecast: Friday's weather, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for partly sunny, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 74. North wind between 3 and 9 mph. Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 38. North wind around 6 mph becoming calm.
MYAC's Town-Wide Swing Dance: The Medfield Youth Action Committee, a student-led initiative in town, is hosting a town-wide swing dance at the Pfaff Center Friday at 7 p.m. The event will feature music from the nationally recognized and award-winning Medfield High School Jazz Band and offer swing dance lessons from students of the newly formed MHS dance club for those interested. Apple pie from Ever So Humble Pie in East Walpole will be served along with ice cream. The event is an effort by the committee to bring the town together and offer more community-wide events. Tickets are $3 and can be purchased at the door. Any proceeds from the event will benefit the Medfield High School Jazz Band as it looks to raise funds for a return trip to New York City for the “Essentially Ellington” Competition in May.
- Parents of students who attend are invited to attend the final "Coffee With the Principal" for this school year today at 9:30 a.m. in the Teacher's Room. Robert Parga will answer any questions you may have about the school. Coffee and snacks provided by the Boosters will be available.
- Friends of the will hold a book sale today from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Choose from a variety of gently used books, CDs, DVDs, puzzles and games for sale. Most items are $.25 to a $1.00, with some special items priced as marked.
- The New 'N Towne Club of Medfield will be hosting their third annual All Members party Saturday, March 24, at 7:30 p.m. at the . Cost is $35 per person/$70 per couple. Space is limited and payment guarantees your registration. Please contact Keven Gallagher at email@example.com or at (508) 359-4749 to RSVP and confirm availability.
- Senior Happenings at the Center: Hand 'N Foot Card Game 9:30 a.m., Tai Chi 10 a.m. ($5 per class) Movie Time 10 a.m. and Ladies Indoor Bocce 11:15 a.m.
- The Medfield Animal Shelter will be holding a low cost rabies clinic on Saturday March 24 at the shelter. The rabies clinic is open to all pet owners and the cost is $10 per pet. To receive a three-year vaccination you must bring your certificate from the last rabies vaccination, or the vaccination will only be good for one year. Medfield dog licenses will also be available at the clinic. Dr. Heather Cochran, DVM will be vaccinating cats from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. and dogs from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. All dogs must be leashed and cats must be in carriers.
Get Medfield Patch headlines in your Newsfeed on Facebook, search Medfield Patch and click "Like" or follow us on Twitter @MedfieldPatch.