Our weekday morning column, "5 Things You Need to Know," provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Medfield Community Blood Drive sponsored by the Medfield Fire Department, 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the American Legion, 50 Peter Kristof Way.
2. Farmers' Market, 2:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., 24 North Street.
3. Friends of the Medfield Public Library "Members Only" Book Sale Preview, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., meeting room.
4. Meeting of the Medfield Energy Committee at 7:30 p.m. in the Warrant Room; agenda here.
5. The Zullo Gallery deck will be open from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. and will feature grilled food, beer, wine, and another chance to enjoy Zullo's 18th annual juried exhibit featuring works from several artists including eight from Medfield.
A look ahead…
When planning your weekend, remember the dedication of the Robert E. Naughton Civic Square on Saturday starting at 11 a.m. at the intersection of Causeway Street and Claypit Road and ending with a reception at The Center at Medfield, 1 Ice House Road.