The Medfield Cultural Council, part of a state-wide Local Cultural Council (LCC) program established in 1982, supports programs that promote access, education and excellence in the arts, humanities, and interpretive sciences in Medfield.
On April 3, 2014 nearly 100 guests attended the Council’s first reception to honor grant recipients from the past two years. Medfield Selectmen Richard DeSorgher, Mark Fisher and Pete Peterson expressed their appreciation to the cultural leaders who enhance Medfield with their programs and distributed Certificates of Appreciation to:
· Carol Aucoin for her “History of the Mystery” program
· Geraldine Bergonzi for her upcoming performance “Zoning In”
· Tom Duprey for free holiday concerts in the Medfield Schools.
· Rob Gregg on behalf of the Vine Lake Preservation Trust and their upcoming The “Art of Memory” program
· Kelly Hodge on behalf of the Woodland Theatre Company’s outreach efforts
· Library Director Deborah Kelsey and Town Planner Sarah Raposa on behalf of the Medfield Cultural District’s “Visions and Voices” program
· Eva Kendrick for dinner theater performance “Operator” at First Parish Unitarian Universalist Church
· Larry Kramer on behalf of the band Route 109 for their “WinterBlues VI Fundraising Concert for Crohns and Colitis. “
· John Larkin on behalf of the band North Street for their concert
· Stephen McCrossan on behalf of the bank The Fathoms for their concert
· Christine McCue Potts on behalf of the Medfield Music Association’s “Jazz Night” performing artist and clinician in the schools.
· Cheryl O'Malley on behalf of the Friends of the Dwight-Derby House and their upcoming Preservation Concert Series
· Steve and Cynthia Small on behalf of the Gazebo Players of Medfield and their free Summer Shakespeare in the Park performances
Cultural Council Chair Jean Mineo said “This was a terrific opportunity for the community to see and celebrate all the ways the Council brings culture to Medfield. We try to fund a range of programs in all arts disciplines and history every year.” The Council is managed by volunteers who redistribute funding from the MA Cultural Council to address local needs.
The Medfield Cultural Council wishes to thank the volunteers who helped with the event including Martha Moon, Theresa Knapp, the Zullo Gallery and Roche Bros. for their support. The Council is particularly grateful to Medfield’s Selectmen and Jennifer Atwood, LCC Program Officer for the Massachusetts Cultural Council, Tracie Konopinski from MassCreative and State Representative Denise Garlick for attending the reception and enthusiastically supporting the arts.