The Zullo Gallery is looking for artists to showcase in its next exhibit.
The exhibition is open to artists who are 18 years or older, and working in any medium. Artists can submit up to three works created within the past two years.
The submission deadline is August 22.
“The juried exhibit is one of our most popular shows, and this one is extra-special because it marks the start of our 25th season,” said Zullo Director Bill Pope.
Jean Mineo is this year’s featured juror.
Mineo has managed arts organizations in the Boston area since 1994. She is coordinator of the Boston Sculptors Gallery, coordinates the Jamaica Plain Open Studios event featuring 220 artists each year, and provides public art consultation to the City of Boston.
Prior to joining the Boston Sculptors Gallery, she was executive director of the New Art Center in Newton. Here in Medfield, Mineo is chairperson of the Medfield Cultural Council and serves on the Cultural District Committee. She holds a Master of Arts from American University, and a Bachelor of Fine Arts from Rochester Institute of Technology.
“Jean brings broad expertise to this year’s juried exhibition which features a range of work by both emerging and established artists in a variety of mediums,” said Pope.
Artists interested in submitting artwork should follow these steps:
- Burn a submission of up to three works to a CD and mail it to the Zullo Gallery, 18th Annual Juried Exhibition at 456A Main St., Medfield, or send it with attachments via e-mail to email@example.com. (Attachments should be in .jpg format with a resolution of at least
- For each work of art submitted, provide the title, size, medium and date each was completed.
- Provide artist contact information including full name, address, phone number and e-mail address.
- If mailing an entry that needs to be returned, include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Adhere to the August 22 deadline.
The Zullo Gallery also requests a $20 tax-deductible donation from each exhibit applicant. Donations can be made by check (payable to the Zullo Gallery), or online (under comments, write 18th Juried Exhibit donation).
All artists will be notified via e-mail by August 31 of the juror's selection.
Selected art work must be properly framed and delivered to the Zullo Gallery by September 9.
The gallery reserves the right to exclude any work that, on delivery, is different from what was represented in the artist's application. All work must be for sale, and the gallery receives a 35 percent commission on
all work sold. Artists also give permission for the Zullo to use images of
selected work for publicity purposes.
For more information, contact the Zullo Gallery at 508-359-3711 or firstname.lastname@example.org.