Selectmen Discuss Public Safety Budgets for Next Year
The Board of Selectmen met with the police chief and fire chief last week to discuss their proposed FY14 budgets.
The Board of Selectmen met on Tuesday to discuss the Blizzard of 2013, the closing of Lord's Department Store, and the following agenda items:
- Met with department heads regarding the budgets for the fire and police departments -- each asking for slight increases for FY14
- Declared a Snow Emergency regarding the Blizzard of 2013
- Added a "Veterans Volunteer Tax Work Off" abatement program to the spring town meeting warrant
- Appointed John Day to the Economic Development Committee
- Scheduled a special selectmen's meeting on Feb. 26 to meet with the Permanent Building Committee to discuss the proposed new town garage, possible improvements to the police/fire station, and the future of the Dale Street area
- Accepted the minutes of Dec. 18, 2012 and Jan. 15 and Feb. 5, 2013.
- Appointed Mark Fisher to the town's collective bargaining unit to replace Ann Thompson who will retire in March after 30 years on the board.
- Granted licenses and permits for:
- First Parish Unitarian Universalist Church, one day wine and malt beverage permit for a fundraising dinner, March 9
- Hannah Adams Women's Club, one day wine and malt beverage permit, March 5
- United Church of Christ, one day wine and malt beverage permit, all church picnic next to Meeting House Pond, May 19
- Zullo Gallery, one day wine and malt beverage permit, March 2 and 9; May 2 and 18; June 6
To watch the meeting on Medfield TV, click here.