School Committee to Discuss School Choice Tonight
The Medfield School Committee will meet tonight at 7:30 p.m.
On tonight's School Committee agenda is the topic of School Choice, a program where students from other school districts could opt to attend Medfield Public Schools, if such a policy were adopted by the school committee.
According to the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education,
The school choice program allows parents to send their children to schools in communities other than the city or town in which they reside. Tuition is paid by the sending district to the receiving district. Districts may elect not to enroll school choice students if no space is available.
For more information, click here.
Other agenda items include:
- 7:30 p.m. - Middle School Ipad Pilot Presentation
- 7:50 p.m. - Dale Street School Statement of Interest
- 8:00 p.m. - FY14 Budget Update
- 8:20 p.m. - Superintendent Search Update
- 8:30 p.m. - Public Participation
- 8:40 p.m. - School Choice
- 8:50 p.m. - Madelyn L. Grant Scholarship Award (Gabrielle Jaques)
- 8:55 p.m. - School Committee Minutes
- October 15, 2012, Regular Meeting
- October 15, 2012, Executive Session
- November 5, 2012, Regular Meeting
- November 5, 2012, Executive Session