Rockland Trust Charitable Foundation Awards $27,500 in College Scholarships
Eleven students from the MetroWest area received a $2,500 scholarship from the Rockland Trust Charitable Foundation.
David Landy of Medfield is one of 11 MetroWest students to win a college scholarship from the Rockland Trust Charitable Foundation.
Landy is a 2012 graduate of Medfield High School and is now attending UMass Amherst.
According to a press release from Rockland Trust, the foundation awarded 11 scholarships of $2,500 each to 10 college-bound high school students and one current Dean College student in the Metro West region.
The scholarship program was established in 2005 to benefit college-bound high school students in the Metro West region. Through the program, Rockland Trust promotes the importance of education by assisting families with the cost of sending their children to school.
The Rockland Trust Charitable Foundation, as well as a committee formed by the principal of each school, selected the winners based on academic achievement, community involvement, character and financial need.
Other scholarship winners include:
- Angela Henault, Bellingham High School, attending Bridgewater State University
- Emily McGowan, Foxboro High School, attending UMass Amherst
- Annie McDougall, Franklin High School, attending UMass Boston
- Evan Richards, Learning Prep School, Newton, attending Massasoit College
- Lauren Jacobs, Milford High School, attending Suffolk University
- Neha Jain, Newton North High School, attending Rochester Institute of Technology
- Samantha Richard, Tri-County Regional Vocational Technical High School, attending the University of New England in Biddeford, Maine
- Samantha Lackeyram-Owen, Waltham High School, attending University of Maine at Farmington
- Alma Lopez Sanchez, Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational Technical High School, attending Babson College
- Sean Morris, student at Dean College
About the Rockland Trust Charitable Foundation
The Rockland Trust Charitable Foundation serves the communities of Bellingham, Blackstone, Foxboro, Franklin, Hopedale, Medfield, Medway, Mendon, Milford, Millis, Newton, Norfolk, Waltham, and Wrentham. The Foundation focuses on four primary areas: Education, health and human services, youth programs and community development in our service area. For information about the Rockland Trust Charitable Foundation, please contact Jeanne Travers at 781-982-6637 or visit www.RocklandTrust.com.
About the Rockland Trust Company
Rockland Trust Company is a full-service commercial bank headquartered in Massachusetts, with $5.1 billion in assets. Ranked “Highest Customer Satisfaction with Retail Banking in the New England Region” in 2012 by J.D. Power and Associates, Rockland Trust’s network consists of 67 retail branches, 10 commercial lending centers, four investment management and four residential lending centers located throughout Eastern Massachusetts in Rhode Island. To find out why Rockland Trust is the bank “Where Each Relationship Matters®”, please visitwww.RocklandTrust.com.
Rockland Trust received the highest numerical score among retail banks in the New England region in the proprietary J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Retail Banking Satisfaction StudySM. Study based on 51,498 total responses measuring 13 providers in the New England region (CT, MA, ME, NH, RI & VT) and measures opinions of consumers with their primary banking provider. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed January-February, 2012. Your experiences may vary. Visit www.jdpower.com