Month in Review: Lord's Closes, Missing Man, Blizzard 2013, and More
Here's a look at some of the headlines from February 2013.
Wow, Medfield! For a short month, we sure filled it with lots of headlines.
Of the many notable events, we had the Blizzard of 2013, a man missing in Noon Hill Reservation (later found safe), a Celebration of Lord's, and finally -- on the final day of the month -- the closing of Lord's Department Store after 73 years in business.
Here's a peek at February's headlines:
- Man Missing: Last Seen at Noon Hill Reservation
- Missing Medfield Man Found Safe
- Still Without Power: How Long Will Food Last in the Fridge?
- New Police/Fire Station Discussed
- Do You Know the History of Valentine's Day?
- Valentine's Day: Advice From a Florist
- Missing Man Found in Another Town
- Thank You from Chairman of the Celebrate Lord's Committee
- Beth Eby Named 2013 Volunteer of the Year
- Katrina Simon Named 2013 Youth Volunteer of the Year
- Albert Manganello Jr. Awarded Lifetime Achievement Award
- and lots of Lord's stories...
- Lord's Department Store to Close After 73 Years
- Lord's Buyer Says It Will Reuse Current Building
- Town Working with Developer to Keep Sign
- History Books Will Show Feb. 15, 2013 as "Lord's Department Store Day in the town of Medfield
- Lord's Party Was a Historic Success
- Celebrate Lord's Party Photos
- Lord's: Where Everybody Knows Your Name
- Final Days at Lord's
- Kelly Family Surprised by Community Outpouring
- Lord's Lunch Counter Serves Last Cup of Coffee
- Lord's: Now It's Time to Say Goodbye
- and lots of safety logs...
- Choking Baby, Harassing Neighbor, Problem Racoon
- Restraining Order Arrest, Lifeline Reports Moaning, Dad Missing, Note in Mailbox
- Police Log: It's Time, Woman's Water Broke During Storm; Possible Sighting of Missing Man; Deer Stuck in Fence
- Two Arrests Including Second OUI and Several Cars Off Road
- Death Notice, Choking Woman, Lacerated Cook, Epi-pen