Meeting Notes: Selectmen Approve Internal Budget Transfers, Meeting Minutes, and Mission Statement.
The Medfield Board of Selectmen met Tuesday to discuss the following town business.
The Board of Selectmen's Tuesday night meeting was brief as representatives from First Light Energy, a solar energy consultant, did not appear for a public hearing scheduled for 7 p.m.
During the meeting, the board approved the following internal budget transfers for town departments:
- Police Department: $850 to salary account
- Department of Public Works: $7,756 to equipment repair account
- Library: $11,500 to information technology account
Selectmen Approved the Following:
- The mission statement for the State Hospital Redevelopment Committee which will hold its first meeting on June 21 at 7 p.m. at Town Hall.
- Meeting minutes from June 5, 2012 and June 8, 2012
- Granted permission to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to conduct its annual Cycle for Life bicycle ride through Medfield (near Hospital Road) on October 6, 2012
- Medfield State Hospital -- The board heard on update on the MSH and also learned a site visit that was scheduled for 10 a.m. at the former state hospital with the Department of Environmental Protection was cancelled on Tuesday afternoon. No further details were available except that it was postponed for at least 30 days.
- The board entered executive session at 7:37 p.m. to discuss pending litigation, the possible acquisition of real estate, and to review/approve minutes from previous executive sessions.
The full Board of Selectmen attended Tuesday's meeting including Ann Thompson, Osler Peterson, and Mark Fisher. Also attending was Assistant Town Administrator Kristine Trierweiler.