Looking Ahead: Jan. 2-9
A preview of what to expect this week around town and on Medfield Patch.
We have said goodbye to 2010 and welcomed 2011. Now that the holidays have ended, businesses are set to resume and town government and school schedules are ready to pick up. Here's what's on tap this week:
Sunday, Jan. 2:
- The Medfield High School JV boys' hockey team takes on North Attleborough in Foxboro (10 E Belcher Rd) at 12:50 p.m.
Monday, Jan. 3:
- "Needs and Leads Networking" meets at 10:30 a.m. in the library. The Members In Transition (MIT) was created to help those seeking a new job, changing careers or those interested in building a professional network.
Tuesday, Jan. 4:
There are several events at the library throughout the day as well as various meetings being held around town.
- "Design On A Dime Program" will be held at the library at 10:30 a.m.
- Small Wonders Story Time gathers at 11:30 a.m. in the library.
- Blake Middle School CSA Meeting will be held at 24 Pound St. at 7 p.m.
- Medfield Democratic Town Committee Meeting will be held at the library at 7:30 p.m.
- Medfield Warrant Committee Meeting gathers at town hall at 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Jan. 5:
- Wheelock School CSA Meeting will be held at 9:30 a.m. at 17 Elm St.
- Medfield Lions Club Dinner Meeting takes place at 7 p.m. on 110 Peter Kristof Way.
- Medfield High School Booster General Meeting will get together at 7 p.m.
- Medfield Parks and Recreation meets at 7 p.m. at the Rec. Department.
- First Baptist Church of Medfield has its Women's Bible Study meeting at 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, Jan. 6:
- There's a Boy Scouts Meeting tonight at 7 p.m., including the Klondike Derby sign up. The meeting will be held at Ralph Wheelock Elementary School.
- Dale School will hold its CSA Meeting at 7 p.m. on 45 Adams St.
- There will be a Girl Scout Service Meeting in the library at 7 p.m.
- Cub Scouts Leaders Meeting at the library will be held at 7:30 p.m.
- St. Edward's Parish Sit & Knit Weekly Gathering meets at 9:30 a.m.
- First Baptist Church of Medfield is holding its Men's Bible Study Group at 7 p.m.
Friday, Jan. 7:
Today is filled with high school basketball games as the Medfield boys' freshman, JV and varsity teams host Bellingham and the girls' teams travel to Bellingham for games. Be sure to check out our Week Ahead In Sports for more details regarding these games.
Saturday, Jan. 8 and Sunday, Jan. 9:
Both days feature high school hockey as the boys' and girls' varsity teams play Saturday night and the boys' JV team plays Sunday afternoon, followed by the girls' varsity squad at 4 p.m. in Norfolk.