5 Things: Girls' Lax Opens State Tourney Play, MHS Jazz Night and Library Events
Here's a quick look at what's happening in Medfield today, May 30.
Today's Forecast: Wednesday's weather, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton calls for a chance of showers, mainly after 9 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 80. West wind between 6 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible. Wednesday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 2 a.m., then a slight chance of showers between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m., then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 3 a.m. Partly cloudy, with a low around 57. Southwest wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- The Medfield High School's annual Jazz Night concert, sponsored by Needham Bank this year, will be held tonight at the Medfield High School Lowell Masion Auditorium beginning at 7 p.m. This year's event guest performer is grammy-nominated Trombonist, Conrad Herwig. The High School Jazz Bands 1-2, Jazz Choir and Blake School Middle Jazz Band will also perform. Tickets are $10 for general admission, $5 for students and seniors, and are available at Lord's Department Store. Proceeds support music programs in all of Medfield schools. For more information, see medfieldmusicassociation.com.
- The Medfield High School girls' lacrosse team will open its state tournament play at home in the first round at 4 p.m. against Hull in the preliminary round.
The Medfield Library will host three events today:
- The Medfield Job and Business Networking group will meet from 10:30 a.m. to noon in the Daily Room. This Open Networking Group provides support for job seekers who are looking for a new job, changing careers, or those interested in building their professional network. All are welcome to attend.
- Pattycake Place Story Time will take place at 10:45 a.m. Children, ages 0-23 months old are invited to participate in the interactive storytime with their caregivers. Also at the library today, will be the Book Bunch Storytime, beginning at 11:30 a.m. for preschoolers, ages 2 and up.
- Children and teens in grades four and up are invited to stop by the Medfield Library every Wednesday from 3 to 6 p.m. to choose and play from a collection of Wii games. The gaming station will be set up in the lower level meeting room.