5 Things You Need to Know Today, Tuesday, August 21, Including Hunger Games Movie at Library
Here’s a look at today’s events including a summer reading wrap-up for Rising 6th Graders, a showing of The Hunger Games movie on the library's 15 foot screen, and a Board of Selectmen's meeting.
1. Forecast for Tuesday: The National Weather Service based in Taunton calls for a mostly sunny day with isolated showers and thunderstorms this afternoon. High in the mid 80s. West winds around 5 mph. Tuesday night: Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain. Low in the mid 50s. West winds around 5 to 10 mph.
2. Town Hall Meetings:
- 7 p.m., Board of Selectmen, Town House Chenery Room; agenda here.
- 7 p.m., Downtown Study Committee, Town House Chenery Room; agenda here.
3. Library Events:
- Open today: 10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Rising 6th Grade Summer Reading Workshop, meeting room.
- 5:45 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Blockbuster Movie Night featuring The Hunger Games, Dailey Room.
4. Community Events:
- 12:30 p.m., Hannah Adams Woman’s Club Duplicate Bridge, The Center, One Ice House Rd; public welcome. For more info, call 508-359-2063
- 7 p.m. to 8 p.m., Real Estate Career Night, Weichert Realtors, 5 No. Meadows Rd, Free.
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Hinkley Swim Pond open 7 days a week. Open through Labor Day but no lifeguards on duty.
5. Other Interesting Things:
- 1:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Powisset Farm Stand, 37 Powisset Street, Dover
- “Thoughts Are Free” Sculpture Path, 24/7 through October, along Route 109 between the Peak House (347 Main Street) and the old section of Vine Lake Cemetery (625 Main Street) by sculptor Hannah Verlin.
- The Medfield Food Cupboard Donations Needed: Summer is a busy time at the food cupboard. The First Baptist Church of Medfield, First Parish Unitarian Universalist of Medfield, St. Edward's Parish Church, Church of the Advent and the United Church of Christ are taking collections to help the Medfield Food Cupboard. June’s most needed items include: Jelly (no grape), juice (bottles and boxes), cereal, pasta sauce, canned pears, and snacks, but will gladly accept other non-perishable items. Please drop off these items at your local church any Sunday.