1. Forecast for Thursday: The National Weather Service based in Taunton calls for a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 9 a.m. A weather advisory warns that the potential exists for strong thunderstorms with hail in eastern Massachusetts. High near 83. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph. Thursday night: Mostly clear. Low around 62. Southwest wind 3 to 6 mph.
2. Town Hall Meetings:
- 8:30 a.m., Board of Assessors, Town House, Assessors’ Office. Agenda here.
- 6 p.m., Medfield Housing Authority, Tilden Village Community Room, Warrant Room. Agenda here.
- 7:30 p.m., Conservation Commission, Town House Chenery Room. Agenda here.
3. Library Events:
- Open today: 10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- 11:30 a.m. to noon, Lunch Bunch, Gazebo (or library activity room in case of rain).
4. Community Events:
- 10:30 a.m. to noon, Lemonade Stand, Beginning Years Child Development Center, 50 North St; to benefit Medfield Animal Shelter.
- 2 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Medfield Farmers’ Market, First Parish UCC, 26 North Street. Featured non-profit: Medfield Energy Committee.
- 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., MEMO Summer Concert Series, Town Gazebo. Featuring “Ceilidh” and hosted by Middlesex Savings Bank.
- 6 p.m. to 11 p.m., Zullo Gallery Roof Deck Open, featuring the gallery grill.
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Hinkley Swim Pond open 7 days a week, weather permitting. Last week with lifeguards.
- "Thoughts Are Free" Sculpture Path, 24/7 through October, along Route 109 between the Peak House (347 Main Street) and the old section of Vine Lake Cemetery (625 Main Street) by sculptor Hannah Verlin.
5. Fundraising Opportunities:
- “Olivia: Liv Strong” T-shirt Sale, to benefit Olivia Bonfilio and family. Shirts are available by contacting Camille Vito through The Olivia Foundation Facebook page, e-mailing email@example.com, or calling 781 475 7890
- Girls Lacrosse State Champions T-shirt Sale. 'Carolina Blue' colored shirts in sizes: Youth Small-Youth XL, Adult S-XXL, $15.00 each. Proceeds to benefit MHS Girls Lacrosse Equipment Fund. Order by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or make check payable to Michael McQuillan and mail to him at 139 Harding Street.
- The Medfield Food Cupboard Donations Needed: Summer is a busy time at the food cupboard. The First Baptist Church of Medfield, First Parish Unitarian Universalist of Medfield, St. Edward's Parish Church, Church of the Advent and the United Church of Christ are taking collections to help the Medfield Food Cupboard. June’s most needed items include: Jelly (no grape), juice (bottles and boxes), cereal, pasta sauce, canned pears, and snacks, but will gladly accept other non-perishable items. Please drop off these items at your local church any Sunday.