5 Things You Need to Know Today, Monday, Sept. 10
Here’s a look at today’s events including a Medfield School Committee meeting and strong winds.
1. Forecast for Monday: The National Weather Service based in Taunton calls for a partly sunny day. High near 71. North wind 8 to 14 mph with gusts as high as 24 mph. Monday night: Clear. Low around 46. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
2. Government Meetings:
- 7:30 p.m., Committee to Study Memorials meeting, Historical Society, 6 Pleasant St.; agenda here.
- 7:30 p.m., School Committee Meeting, Medfield High School TV Production Studio; agenda attached here as a pdf.
3. Library Events:
- Open today: 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- No special events scheduled.
4. Community Events:
- 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., Forever Home New England Rescue Open House, 106 Adams Street. http://medfield.patch.com/events/open-house-adoption-event
- 7 p.m., Hannah Adams Woman’s Club Duplicate Bridge, The Center at Medfield, One Ice House Rd; public welcome. For more info, call 508-359-2063
5. Other Interesting Things:
- “Thoughts Are Free” Sculpture Path, 24/7 through October, along Route 109 between the Peak House (347 Main Street) and the old section of Vine Lake Cemetery (625 Main Street) by sculptor Hannah Verlin.
- The Medfield Food Cupboard Donations Needed. The First Baptist Church of Medfield, First Parish Unitarian Universalist of Medfield, St. Edward's Parish Church, Church of the Advent and the United Church of Christ are taking collections to help the Medfield Food Cupboard. June’s most needed items include: Jelly (no grape), juice (bottles and boxes), cereal, pasta sauce, canned pears, and snacks, but will gladly accept other non-perishable items. Please drop off these items at your local church any Sunday.