1. Forecast for Monday: The National Weather Service based in Taunton calls for a slight chance of showers after 11 a.m. otherwise partly sunny with a high near 78. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon. Monday night: Mosly cloudy, low around 57. South wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
2. Town Hall Meetings:
- No Meetings Scheduled
3. Library Events:
- Open today: 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., 6th grade summer reading workshop, conference room.
4. Community Events:
- 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., Forever Home New England Rescue Open House, 106 Adams Street.
- 7 p.m., Hannah Adams Woman’s Club Duplicate Bridge, The Center, One Ice House Rd; public welcome. For more info, call 508-359-2063
5. Other Interesting Things:
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Hinkley Swim Pond open 7 days a week, weather permitting. Open through Labor Day but no lifeguards on duty for rest of summer.
- “Thoughts Are Free” Sculpture Path, 24/7 through October, along Route 109 between the Peak House (347 Main Street) and the old section of Vine Lake Cemetery (625 Main Street) by sculptor Hannah Verlin.
- The Medfield Food Cupboard Donations Needed: Summer is a busy time at the food cupboard. The First Baptist Church of Medfield, First Parish Unitarian Universalist of Medfield, St. Edward's Parish Church, Church of the Advent and the United Church of Christ are taking collections to help the Medfield Food Cupboard. June’s most needed items include: Jelly (no grape), juice (bottles and boxes), cereal, pasta sauce, canned pears, and snacks, but will gladly accept other non-perishable items. Please drop off these items at your local church any Sunday.