5 Things You Need to Know Today in Medfield, Sept. 9
Here's a look at the day ahead.
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today's Forecast: Friday's weather, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for partly sunny, with a high near 81. North wind between 3 and 9 mph. Friday Night: A slight chance of showers after 11 p.m. Partly cloudy, with a low around 58. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
- Medfield Warriors' Football Family Night - Bring the family to cheer on the Medfield High School football team as they take on Oliver Ames to open the season at 7 p.m. To honor the 10th Anniversary of 9/11, families are invited to show their patriotism by wearing Red, White, and/or Blue to this event. Be sure to get to the field early for pre-game activities, which include:
- Patriotic prizes for the first 100 fans.
- Special performance by the Medfield High School Band.
- Presentation of the colors by the Medfield scouts.
Medfield High School Warriors' Friday:
- The boys' varsity football team open their season at home against Oliver Ames at 7 p.m.
- The girls' varsity field hockey team will host Westwood at 3:30 p.m.
- Both the girls' & boys' varsity soccer teams will travel to Hopkinton today. The girls' team will play at 3:15 p.m. while the boys' team play at a 5:00 p.m. match.
- The girl's varsity volleyball team will travel to Hopkinton for a 6:30 p.m. game.
The Medfield Chapter of "TOPS" (Take Off Pounds Sensibly") will meet at the Medfield Library at 10:30 a.m.
The United Church of Christ will hold a free support group to provide healing and hope for adults who are divorced or separated.
Friday's Quote: "Living up to ideals is like doing everyday work with your Sunday clothes on." - Ed Howe
Get Medfield Patch headlines in your Newsfeed on Facebook, search Medfield Patch and click "Like" or follow us on Twitter @MedfieldPatch.