1. Forecast for Friday: The National Weather Service based in Taunton calls for increasing clouds; high near 88. Light southwest wind increasing to 6 to 11 mph. Friday night: Chance of showers and thunderstorms, otherwise mostly cloudy. Low around 67. Southwest wind around 6 mph.
2. Town Hall Meetings:
- 5 p.m., Deadline to register to vote (or change party affiliation) in Sept. 6 state primary; Town Clerk’s Office, Town House.
3. Library Events:
- Open today: 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- No special events scheduled.
4. Community Events:
- 10:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Lemonade Stand, Beginning Years Child Development Center, 50 North St; to benefit Medfield Animal Shelter. Last day.
- 10:30 a.m., TOPS, library lower meeting room; new members welcome. For info, call Barbara at 508-785-0439.
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Hinkley Swim Pond open 7 days a week, weather permitting. Last week with lifeguards.
- 24/7, ‘ Thoughts Are Free ’ Sculpture Path, 24/7 through October, along Route 109 between the Peak House (347 Main Street) and the old section of Vine Lake Cemetery (625 Main Street) by sculptor Hannah Verlin.
5. Charitable Opportunities:
- “Olivia: Liv Strong” T-shirt Sale, to benefit Olivia Bonfilio and family. Shirts are available by contacting Camille Vito through The Olivia Foundation Facebook page, e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling 781 475 7890
- Girls Lacrosse State Champions T-shirt Sale. 'Carolina Blue' colored shirts in sizes: Youth Small-Youth XL, Adult S-XXL, $15.00 each. Proceeds to benefit MHS Girls Lacrosse Equipment Fund. Order by email (email@example.com) or make check payable to Michael McQuillan and mail to him at 139 Harding Street.
- The Medfield Food Cupboard Donations Needed: Summer is a busy time at the food cupboard. The First Baptist Church of Medfield, First Parish Unitarian Universalist of Medfield, St. Edward's Parish Church, Church of the Advent and the United Church of Christ are taking collections to help the Medfield Food Cupboard. June’s most needed items include: Jelly (no grape), juice (bottles and boxes), cereal, pasta sauce, canned pears, and snacks, but will gladly accept other non-perishable items. Please drop off these items at your local church any Sunday.