5 Things To Know on Dec. 31: New Year’s Eve Festivities
Here's a look at the events in and around town this New Year's Eve!
Happy New Year's Eve! Here are five things you need to know as you start your celebration to bring in 2013.
1. Clouds: The sky will be mostly cloudy on Monday, with no precipitation forecasted, and high temperatures into the mid-30s. The wind will also continue to blow.
2. New Year’s Eve Fireworks: Start your New Year's celebration with a fireworks display at 7 p.m. sharp at the Westwood High School, or, as always, you can head to the country's oldest and biggest First Night celebration -- First Night Boston.
3. Chinese Food: For some New Englanders, eating Chinese food is a tradition on New Year’s Eve. At some restaurants, the orders stack up so get your order in early. Your choices in and around Medfield include:
4. Looking for a family-friendly way to spend the eveving? Check out our New Year's Eve Party Ideas for Kids and Families.
5. Free Coffee: If you’re planning a trip on any of the major interstate highways in Massachusetts on Monday night, be aware that you can grab a free cup of coffee along the way at any of the 18 traffic plazas in the state. The offer runs from 10 p.m. on Monday through and 5 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 1. The free coffee is sponsored by McDonalds, Burger King and Gulf.
Did we miss something? Is there something else we should add to the list? If so, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.
Want to get Medfield Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.