5 Things: Selectmen Meeting, Library Events and Food Cupboard Donations
Here's a look at the day ahead for Wednesday, June 13.
Today's Forecast: Tuesday’s weather, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for rain, mainly before 2 p.m. Patchy fog before 8 a.m. High near 67. South wind between 7 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90 percent. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible. Wednesday Night: A chance of showers, mainly before 11 p.m. Patchy fog after 5 a.m. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 56. Light north wind. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Meetings at Town Hall:
- The Medfield Board of Selectmen will meet Wednesday at 5:15 p.m. on the second floor of Town Hall to vote to sign letter to permitting agencies regarding the Medfield State Hospital site.
- The Medfield Housing Authority will meet tonight at 7 p.m. at Tilden Village community room on 30 Pound St. Among the topics on the agenda are discussion and review of vacancy and maintenance reports and a tenants’ open forum.
Medfield Library Events:
- Medfield Networks – Jobs and Business Networking group will meet from 10:30 a.m. to noon in the Dailey Room.
- The Pattycake Place interactive story time will be held from 10:45 to 11:15 a.m. in the Activity Room.
- The Book Bunch (read a book and make a craft) will be held from 11:30 a.m. to noon in the Activity Room.
- Wii Wednesday will be held from 3 to 6 p.m. in the Meeting Room. Wii will be set up in the meeting room on the lower level. No need to sign up. Just drop-in anytime after 3 p.m. and choose from the library’s collection of Wii games.
Help the Medfield Food Cupboard: The First Baptist Church of Medfield, First Parish Unitarian Universalist of Medfield, St. Edward's Parish Church, Church of the Advent and the United Church of Christ are taking collections to help the Medfield Food Cupboard. The Medfield Food Cupboard needs the following items for June: Jelly (no grape please), juice (bottles and boxes), cereal, pasta sauce, canned pears, and snacks, but will gladly accept other non-perishable items. Please drop off these items at your local church any Sunday.