5 Things: SEPAC Networking Night, Library Booksale and State Hospital Meeting
Here's a look at the day ahead for Thursday, March 22.
Today's Forecast: Thursday's weather, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for sunny, with a high near 81. West wind between 5 and 13 mph. Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 52. West wind between 5 and 8 mph.
- SEPAC will hold a special education networking night at Bogey's Restaurant at the Kingsbury Club at 7 p.m. This is a wonderful opportunity to network with other parents of children with special needs, school staff and community resources. Light d'oeuvres and a cash bar will be available.
- Senior Center Happenings at the Center: Woodcarving 9 a.m.; Ladies Bridge 9 a.m.;Zumba 10 a.m.($4 per class); Muffin Yoga 12:30 p.m. ($3 per class); Poker Club 1 p.m. and Egypt Video Class at 2 p.m.
- The New 'N Towne Club of Medfield will be hosting its third annual All Members party on Saturday, March 24, at 7:30 p.m. at the Sherborn Inn. Cost is $35 per person/$70 per couple. Space is limited and payment guarantees your registration. Contact Keven Gallagher at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (508) 359-4749 to RSVP and confirm availability.
Medfield Library will host several events today:
- Friends of the Medfield Public Library will hold a members only booksale today from 5 to 9 p.m. Show your 2011-12 FOL sticker or join at the door.
- Art 'N Bloom exhibit continues today through Sunday, March 25 during regular library hours. The Art N' Bloom is a joint collaboration between the Medfield Garden Club and art students from Medfield High School. Approximatly 25 pieces of student artwork will be placed with beautiful floral arrangements throughout the library.
- Pattycake Place Story Time will take place at 10:45 a.m. Children, ages 0-23 months old are invited to particpate in the interactive storytime with their caregivers. Also at the library today, will be the Book Bunch Storytime, beginning at 11:30 a.m. for preschoolers, ages 2 and up.
PIP Meeting on Medfield State Hospital Cleanup: There will be an important meeting regarding the proposed cleanup of the Medfield State Hospital property at Town Hall tonight from 7 to 9 p.m. Residents are encouraged to attend if they would like to see the hazardous waste on the site and along the banks of the Charles River completely removed by the state. DCAM is expected to detail its proposal to only partially remove the hazardous waste and cap the material on site. This is the time for residents to speak up and show the state the town's residents want the hazardous waste completely removed.
Get Medfield Patch headlines in your Newsfeed on Facebook, search Medfield Patch and click "Like" or follow us on Twitter @MedfieldPatch.