5 Things: DPW Garage Public Hearing, Strawberry Social and Zullo's First Thursday Reception
Here's a look at the day ahead for Thursday, June 7.
Today's Forecast: Thursday's weather, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for a chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 73. Light south wind. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. Thursday Night: A slight chance of showers before 2 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53. South wind at 7 mph becoming west. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
- The following meetings will take place at the Medfield Town Hall today. The Medfield Permanent Building Committee will hold a public information meeting regarding the Town Garage at 7 p.m. and the Conservation Commission will convene at 7:30 p.m. The meeting agenda can be found HERE.
- The Medfield Historical Society will host their annual Strawberry Social tonight at the Dwight-Derby House, located at 7 Frairy St., in Medfield at 7 p.m. Come learn about a few of the new historical items the society has acquired this year and enjoy some homemade strawberry shortcake. This event, which is traditionally a members-only event, will be open to the public as part of Medfield Cultural District’s First Thursdays.
- Zullo Gallery will host their First Thursday reception this evening from 6 to 10 p.m. offering a bit of food from Goddard Catering as well as wine from Lower Falls Wine Company. First Thursday offers a wonderful opportunity to mingle with friends while viewing Zullo's "Outwitting History" exhibit as well as their newest "Outwitting History" related art project on the gallery wall from the Peak House to Vine Lake Cemetery by artists Hannah Verlin.
- Students from Blake Middle School will hold a Chorus Concert tonight at the High School beginning at 7 p.m.
- The Medfield Farmers’ Market will be held today on the grounds of the First Parish Unitarian Universalist Church on North Street. The Farmer's Market will be open every Thursday, through Oct. 11 from 2 to 6:30 p.m. Local and area farmers will bring fresh produce and other producers will feature food such as honey, breads, jams, jellies and more.
Get Medfield Patch headlines in your Newsfeed on Facebook, search Medfield Patch and click "Like" or follow us on Twitter @MedfieldPatch.