5 Things: Girls' Lax in D2 Finals; BCRT and Lyme Disease Study Committee Meetings
Here's a look at the day ahead for Monday, June 11.
Today's Forecast: Monday's weather, according to the National Weather Service based in Taunton, calls for partly sunny, with a high near 75. South wind between 5 and 9 mph. Monday Night: Patchy fog after 5 a.m. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 55. South wind between 5 and 8 mph.
Eastern Mass. D2 Girls' Lax State Championship: The Medfield High School girls' lacrosse team has advanced to Monday's MIAA Eastern Mass. Division 2 Girls' Lacrosse state championship game after defeating Hopkinton, 9-8, in the Division 2 South Sectional state tournament final. Medfield will play Winchester, the Division 2 North Sectional champion at 7:30 p.m. at Babson College in Wellesley for the state title.
Meetings at Town Hall:
- Medfield's Bay Colony Rail Trail Study Committee will meet on the second floor of Town Hall from 7 to 9 p.m.
- The Medfield Lyme Disease Study Committee will meet in the Warrant Committee room at 7 p.m. To view the committee's agenda, click here.
- Forever Home Rescue Open House/Adoption Event: Each Monday afternoon there's an open house and adoption event at the Forever Home Rescue at 106 Adams St. You can view the available dogs at the Forever Home Rescue on its website. You can also apply online for a dog that you are interested in. The event will be held from 3 to 5 p.m.
- Take Heart - Divorce and Separated Support Group: There will be a free support group held at the United Church of Christ Monday at 7:30 p.m. This free support group provides healing and hope for adults who are divorced or separated. Meetings are interactive discussions. Everyone provides and receives mutual support. Topics cover a wide range of issues, from challenges and helpful resources to feelings and faith. Before joining the group, please first check with the contacts below, as some scheduling changes may take place. Rick Cram, a member of the United Church of Christ in Medfield, facilitates the meetings. If you know of someone who would value knowing about the group, forward this information along. For more information, call the office at 508-359-2351 or speak to Rick Cram (617-500-0006, Email Rick Cram). Changes in schedule do occur.
- Help the Medfield Food Cupboard: The First Baptist Church of Medfield, First Parish Unitarian Universalist of Medfield, St. Edward's Parish Church, Church of the Advent and the United Church of Christ are taking collections to help the Medfield Food Cupboard. The Medfield Food Cupboard needs the following items for June: Jelly (no grape please), juice (bottles and boxes), cereal, pasta sauce, canned pears, and snacks, but will gladly accept other non-perishable items. Please drop off these items at your local church any Sunday.